Thursday, October 27, 2011

Enjoying Fall

Well, some of you might have noticed that the boys are already here and we are no longer "awaiting their arrival"! Instead of doing one giant post, I'm just going to start with where we are and then do a separate post for the birth story and the surgery stories to catch us up to where we are now. Early this morning the boys turned 8 weeks old and they will be 2 months the day after Halloween! Where did the time go?


I can tell you right now, the boys haven't been sleeping through it! We are very much still in the sleepless phase of having newborns. How long can I get away with calling them newborns?

Even with a distinct lack of sleep, Blake and I have been enjoying fall with our boys. Earlier this month, Blake and I took the boys to the pumpkin patch. We got all the way there and then Blake got concerned that the boys didn't have hats to protect them from the sun. This kicked off an afternoon long adventure to find baby hats, but eventually we made it back to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins.



We trekked as a family out into the patch, but most of the pumpkins were gone. All that was left were oddly shaped or watermelon-colored pumpkins. Blake tried to sell me on these, but I wanted traditional, orange pumpkins for Halloween. I am so strange sometimes.

Eventually we settled on our nice little family of pumpkins.


We have good intentions of carving them, but we will see where the time goes. The boys are planning to be peas and carrots for their first Halloween - I promise there will be pictures and I can already promise they will be super cute. More to come later, I hope this satisfies the need of the general populous for pictures of cute babies.

Until then, Go Cardinals!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Cute pictures! Your trip to the pumpkin patch looks like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them in the kangaroo pouches! They are adorable, but what is with the Cardinals outfit? You are from Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete